Frequently Asked Questions
The Fair - When, Where and How Much?
- What are the dates and the hours of the 2017 Champlain Valley Fair?
- August 25 – September 3 from 10:00 am – Midnight daily, except Opening Day, Friday, August 25th, when the Fair opens at 3:00 pm. Buildings are open from 10:00am to 10:00pm daily.
- Where is the Fair located?
- The Fairground is at 105 Pearl Street, Essex Junction, VT
- There are multiple entrances for your convenience: Gate B on Pearl Street,
Gates E and F on Rt. 2A.
- How much does it cost to get into the Fair?
- Gate admission is $12 for adults, $5 for kids and children under 5 yrs. are free
- Weekdays of the Fair, after 6:00 pm admission is $6.00
- How long do the carnival rides run?
- The Midway rides and games open at 11:00 am and run until Midnight daily.
- Are there any Midway specials?
- A Pay-One-Price bracelet offers the best deal – for $30 the wearer may ride from 11:00 am – Midnight.
- Any special discounts during the Fair?
- There are a number of specials offered during the Fair – Kids Day, Carload Day, Food Bank Day and Military Appreciation Day all offer discounts. More details on the pricing page, closer to the Fair..
- Are there ATMs at the Fair?
- ATMs are located in various convenient locations – see the Fair map here
- Do vendors take credit cards?
- Some vendors take credit cards; however many food vendors operate on a cash only basis
Parking & Transportation
- Can I get public transportation to the Fair?
- CCTA bus service is available – call 864-CCTA for schedule and route information.
- Is there a charge for parking?
- Yes, parking is $5 per vehicle.
- Is there handicap parking and what does it cost?
- Handicap drop-off and free parking is located at the Red Gate; parking attendants will guide you. You must have an official handicapped parking permit.
- When can I park off-site?
- Off-site parking is available (with shuttle service) only when all Fair parking lots are full.
- Can I rent a stroller or wheelchair?
- Strollers and wheelchairs (regular & motorized) are available to rent adjacent to Red Gate near Expo Plaza.
- Are restrooms handicapped accessible?
- Handicapped accessible restrooms are available; locations are listed in the Fair program.
- Is there a Baby Comfort Station?
- Yes – a free comfort station is located in the State Building near the center of the Fairgrounds
- Does my caretaker get into the Fair free?
- No, all attendees of the Fair must have a ticket.
- Can I bring a camera to a concert?
- Some performers allow personal cameras for snapshots
- Most performers do not allow professional level equipment (usually defined as having a removeable lens)
- You may be asked to leave your camera in your car
- Concerts are held rain or shine.
- CVE maintains contact with the weather service at all times for the safety of all patrons
- Umbrellas are not allowed; feel free to bring other rain gear.
- Can I bring my children to a concert?
- All concert attendees must have a ticket, no matter what age.
Food & Drink
- Can I bring food or drink into the Fair?
- No coolers please
- A large selection of food & beverages are available at the Fair
- Exceptions are made for those with special dietary needs
- No outside alcohol is allowed – beer, wine and a limited menu of cocktails are available in designated locations
Entries to Competitions
- How can I enter a Fair competition?
- Many Fair departments offer competitions and contests – see our competition pages later this year for details
- How can I become a vendor at the Fair?
- Visit our About Us page to find out how you can become a vendor or concessionaire at the Champlain Valley Fair
- Does the Fair offer employment?
- Contact the Superintendent of the Fair department you are interested in working for directly to learn about employment opportunities
- What types of lodging are close by?
- A variety of lodging options are available in the greater Burlington area. We recomend staying at our partners listed on the Guest Information Page
- Does the Fair offer camping?
- Yes! CVE offers camping (tent & camper) conveniently located on the Fairgrounds - Reservation form can be found under camping.
Lost and Found
- Who do I contact if I lost something at Fair?
- All lost items are turned over to the Essex Junction Police who maintain a trailer on the Fairgrounds during the Fair. After the Fair, call the Essex Police at (802) 878-8331
- Is WIFI available at the Fair?
- Yes, we do offer wi-fi and there is a small fee for use.
Dos and Don’ts
- Firearms are not allowed on the Fairgrounds at any time
- No pets are allowed except for service animals, defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities
- Is it OK to smoke on the Fairgrounds?
- Smoking is not permitted in buildings or outside except in designated areas.
- Smoking tents are located in several locations listed in the Fair Program.