Home Craft Contests
Located in the Blue Ribbon Pavilion
This is the place to bring your crafts and homemade items to be judged and/or put them up for sale. Our judging is done prior to the fair opening and ribbon winning items are displayed for all to see. For the youth’s competition, we offer judging based on age, craftsmanship and ingenuity.
And, if you are shopping for decorations for your home, quilts, jewelry or more, make sure you stop by and see all of the wonderful handmade items.
- Entries should be made at the Home Crafts Department (Blue Ribbon Pavilion) on Sat, Aug. 18th from Noon to 7:00 and Sun, Aug 19th from 10:00 to 5:00. No entries will be accepted after that day!
- Please contact the superintendent for an assignment of number, all entry forms and rules.
- All articles must be made by the exhibitor. Please place exhibitor number on all displays.
- Soiled, broken or unpleasant smelling items will not be accepted. Anything found in these conditions will be removed from display or sale.
- Exhibitors must pre-tag their articles prior to entry day. If you need tags, contact the Superintendent prior to August 1st. All entries are to be listed on the Exhibitor’s Entry Form. Tags must be typed or written legibly.
- Each article is to be priced and sold separately. Items should be priced in $0.50 increments only. Items will be sold for price marked on tag. No discounts for multiple purchases.
- If an article is sold, the tag is removed, held, and returned to the exhibitor on settlement day.
- Articles entered for judging may not have been previously entered and judged at this Fair.
- Home Crafts staff members may assist in determining an article’s judging class. The judges have the right to move an item to a different class or remove as necessary.
- Each exhibitor may enter only one article for judging per class. Judges will determine 1st, 2nd and 3rd places and honorable mention per class. The judges decision will be final.
- Machine made articles or articles (knitted or crocheted) with machine stitched ribbons or machine made button holes will not be judged. Also, please remove or coverup name of exhibitor on items to be judged.
The Superintendent of Home Crafts reserves the right to reject any entry determined unworthy.
The Champlain Valley Exposition, Inc. will retain 22% of the selling price as commission for each and all articles sold.
The Champlain Valley Expo is not responsible for lost or damaged articles. We do make every effort to provide security and control. Prize vouchers may be collected from the Superintendent starting Monday, August 27th at the Home Crafts Desk and redeemed at the Cashier’s Office.
Any persons who submits items for judging shall have their name and/or business name covered or removed for judging.
Article Tags must be attached to items with safety pins or string. Safety pins are the responsibility of the crafter.
- All Quilts must have dimensions on tag. (__x__)
Garments need to have a sizing label and washing instructions.
Jewelry entries have a maximum of 500 pieces per exhibitor.
- The judging staff will select one article from each class as the Best Of Division. A prize of $5.00 will be paid to the exhibitor and a special ribbon will be awarded.
Youth – Best of Show
- The judging staff will select one item as Youth Best of Show from all articles judged. A prize of $10 and a special ribbon will be awarded.
Adult Best of Show – All Entries
- The judging staff will select one item as the Best Of Show of all the articles entered and exhibited. A prize of $25 will be paid to the exhibitor and a special ribbon will be awarded.