Exhibitor Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations will apply to each and every department of the Fair. Exhibitors are required to familiarize themselves with the rules.
- All property of every character entered for competition, display or any other purpose or brought upon the Champlain Valley Exposition grounds by any person shall be subject to the rules and regulations prescribed by the Champlain Valley Exposition.
- In no case shall the Champlain Valley Exposition or any of its officers be held responsible in damages for any loss, damage, injury, death or disability by disease or from theft or from any other cause to any such property, or to any person coming upon said Champlain Valley Exposition grounds while said persons or property are on said Champlain Valley Exposition grounds. The Champlain Valley Exposition hereby refuses to assume any responsibility for the safety as baillee or otherwise, of any property brought upon said Fair Grounds, said property being brought upon and kept upon said grounds at the owner’s risk.
- No claims for injury to any person or property shall ever be asserted or suit instituted or maintained against the Champlain Valley Exposition, its officers, agents, representatives, servants or employees for any cause by any person having license or privilege to exhibit on the Fair Grounds or occupying any space thereon, and it is part of the consideration for such license or privilege that such claims for damage are specifically waived.
- If the property owners or others interested in the property desire protection against loss, damage or injury from fire or any cause, they must make their own arrangements and pay for such insurance.
- All entries must be filed with the Superintendent of the Department not later than the date and time specified. The Management reserves the right to reject any entries offered. All applications for entry must be made on printed forms which may be obtained at the Administrative Office. Every entry blank must be signed by the exhibitor or his duly authorized agent, giving name and post office address in full. The date of the Closing of Entries will be found in the Special Rules at the head of each department.
- Every exhibit must remain intact until release time specified in each department, and the failure to comply with this requirement will cause forfeiture of premiums won in any department of the Fair.
- Exhibitors making entries and not exhibiting shall forfeit all fees paid for entries, stalls, pens, space or admission tickets.
- The management reserves the right to reassign any space, stall or pen, not occupied by the exhibitor on or before specified date, and no exhibitor will be allowed to sublet or sell any space, privilege, stall, pen or coop without the written permission of the Manager.
- Exhibitors will be required to keep their spaces and stalls clean by removing therefrom any trash and litter and placing it in front of said space or stalls early in the morning, where the cleaning crew may get it with convenience.
- If it be ascertained that any exhibitor, or his employee, has in a public manner taken exception to the judgment or ruling of an awarding committee, judge, superintendent or any official of the Champlain Valley Exposition, CVE Management may exclude said exhibitor and employee so offending, from competing for a premium.
- If it be ascertained that any exhibitor has made or caused to be made any false statement in regard to any animal or article, or if any exhibitor shall attempt to interfere with the judges in the performance of their duties, he shall be excluded from competition
- The judges will award premiums only on articles listed in the premium lists. The decisions of a judge shall be final and no appeal will be considered except in case of protest. The judges in all departments will be approved by the Department Superintendent.
- Where there is no competition and/or where there are fewer animals or articles shown in a class than the number of premiums offered, the judges may, at their discretion, award a prize or prizes of such rank as the animal or article deserves.
- No premiums will be awarded when the article is unworthy though there be no competition. All premiums awarded under the rules and regulations of the premium list will be paid according to the rules governing each department.
- Prize monies will be paid at the Cashier’s Office before the close of the Exposition. No check will be issued in an amount of less than $200. Redeem your vouchers prior to the end of the fair.
- The judges of awards are requested to observe strictly the conditions and regulations of the Exposition in awarding premiums, and to make their report to management as soon as possible.
- The management reserves the right to remove from the grounds any exhibit, animal, or show that may be falsely entered or may be deemed unsuitable or objectionable, or to remove any sign, banner or advertising matter of any kind which may be deemed unsuitable or objectionable by them, without assigning a reason therefore, and, if necessary, to return any money already paid for space of stalls, which shall exonerate them from any claims whatsoever on the part of the exhibitor or purchaser. Where signs or banners are used, it is our suggestion that you avoid any unprofessional hand-made signs. Persons exhibiting thoroughbred animals will be required to furnish the judges satisfactory evidence of the purity of blood before allowing one to compete for premium. The herd book of the several breeds shall be such evidence.
- No person, other than the judges and attendants, will be permitted to go into the ring where the stock is judged.
- No article or animal will be permitted to compete for more than one premium, except in the case of herd or flock premium, or unless otherwise stated in the conditions of that department.
- Department Superintendents will appoint Judges when not otherwise appointed.
The management reserves the right to accept entries later should it be found so doing would not work an injury to other exhibitors.
- All entries should be sent to the Exposition marked for the attention of the Superintendent of the Department in which it is to be shown, unless otherwise specified on the Department Entry Form.