The Midway rides and games open at 12:00 noon and run until 11:00pm daily.
Policy on Bags, Containers and Coolers
Clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC tote bags no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” are allowed. All other bags must be 5″x9″x2″ or smaller (the size of a small purse or clutch). Backpacks, drawstring bags, coolers, duffel bags, tote bags, oversized purses, and other similar style bags are NOT permitted. Exceptions include diaper bags and bags containing essential medical equipment. All bags will be subject to search as referenced above.
Please pay close attention to the prohibited items list below.
- Bags larger than 5″x9″x2″ in size
- Knives, box cutters, tool of any kind, or any item that could be used as a weapon
- Pepper spray or mace
- Coolers of any types or size
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal substances
- Noise-making devices
- Confetti or glitter
- Skateboards, hoverboards or other personal recreational vehicles, except for ADA-required devices
- Projectiles (e.g., flying discs or beach balls)
- visible obscene, indecent, or inappropriate clothing
- Laser pointers or similar devices
- Professional audio/visual equipment including tripods and monopods are prohibited in the Grandstand. Consumer rated cameras and video cameras are permitted but cannot be used to reproduce the game and must not interfere with other attendees’ enjoyment of the show.
Such items will be prohibited from being brought into the Champlain Valley Fair. There is no storage area for any items at the Champlain Valley Fair. Guests arriving by public transportation should take particular care not to bring any prohibited items, as no exceptions will be made.
Champlain Valley Fair management reserves the right to change or modify this policy without notice.
Strollers and wheelchairs (regular & motorized) are available to rent adjacent to Red Gate near Expo Plaza. Scootaround is proud to be the exclusive scooter and wheelchair rental service for the Champlain Valley Fair. You can reserve your exclusive scoot or wheelchair ahead of time by going to this website: https://scootaround.com/en/champlain-valley-fair
**Please note that once an event has started, no further pre-reservations will be available. You can see the attendant at the booth during the Fair to book a walk-up rental.
- Concerts are held rain or shine.
- CVE maintains contact with the weather service at all times for the safety of all patrons
- No coolers please
- A large selection of food & beverages are available at the Fair
- Exceptions are made for those with special dietary needs
Click the link to find out how you can become a vendor or concessionaire at the Champlain Valley Fair!
A variety of lodging options are available in the greater Burlington area. We recommend staying at our partners listed on the Guest Information Page.
Yes! CVE offers camping (tent & camper) conveniently located on the Fairgrounds. https://cvexpo.org/camping/ email: email@example.com call: (802) 355-4572
All lost items are turned over to the Champlain Valley Exposition. You can contact us by calling 802-878-5545.
No pets are allowed except for service animals, defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities
- Smoking is not permitted in buildings or outside except in designated areas.
- Smoking tents are located in several locations listed in the Fair Program.
We continue to strongly encourage those who are not vaccinated to get vaccinated.
The following COVID-19 Guidelines are in place. Please note, due to the nature of the pandemic, these guidelines could change.
- The safety of our fairgoers, volunteers, and staff remains paramount to our decision making. All state, federal, and CDC guidelines will continue to be followed.
- If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, regardless of vaccine status, we ask that you do not attend the Fair until you have a negative test.
- The Champlain Valley Fair will not institute any limits on attendance at a given time.
- Face coverings will not be required for fair guests but are strongly encouraged for those not fully vaccinated.
- It is recommended that all individuals ages 2 and up and able to medically tolerate a face covering wear one inside buildings regardless of vaccination status.
- Proof of vaccination will not be required for fairgoers, volunteers, staff, or vendors. However, we strongly encourage all those who are eligible to be fully vaccinated.
- Cleaning and sanitization measures will adhere to federal and state guidelines. Hand sanitizer will be provided at locations throughout the fairgrounds.