The final Taste of the Fair event of 2020 will take place on the Midway Friday, October 16th through Sunday, October 18th!
Fried Dough – French Fries – Gourmet Burgers – Bloomin’ Onion – Candy Apples – Deep-Fried Tacos – Lemonade – Brazilian BBQ – Corn Dogs – Cotton Candy – Fajitas – Loaded Tater Tots – Cheese-steaks – Italian Sausage – Shaved Ice – Fried Oreos – Deep-Fried Grilled Cheese – Taco Salads – Bacon on a Stick – Beer, Wine, and Seltzer!
The cost is $5.00 per person. Tickets can be purchased here.
Every person attending the event needs their own separate ticket. Tickets are NOT by the carload.
The safety of our fairgoers, volunteers, concessionaires, and staff is paramount. We will be strictly adhering to all CDC, State, and Federal guidelines.
By reserving your timeslot, you are agreeing to the following:
- No more than six tickets can be reserved at a time. There are a limited number of tickets. By reserving a timeslot, you are committed to coming to the event.
- All attendees will be required to wear a face mask when outside of the vehicle.
- After purchasing food, attendees will return to their car.
- All attendees must vacate the premise when their session ends.
- All attendees will be asked to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Attendees are required to provide the proper contact information for tracing as required by the State of Vermont.
- No additional tickets can be reserved on-site.
There are additional FAQ answers at the bottom of the page.
Due to current restrictions on attendance, we have put the following operations plan in place:
- This is a paid ticketed event. When reserving tickets, you will be selecting a date and timeslot. Each timeslot is 45 minutes long, allowing you enough time to purchase your food and return to your car.
- Tickets are NON-TRANSFERABLE. If someone attempts to sell these tickets after reservation, please contact us immediately.
- We will require the proper contact information for tracing purposes.
- There is a limit of 150 tickets per timeslot.
- There will be a 15-minute break in between each timeslot to allow for proper cleaning and sanitization. Those are listed below.
- There will be no seating available. Attendees may eat their food while social distancing in or around their car.
- All persons outside of their vehicle will be required to wear masks.
Friday, August 21st: 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM, 8:00 PM
Saturday, August 22nd: 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM, 8:00 PM
Sunday, August 23rd: 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM, 8:00 PM
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is there a charge for admission? Yes. Tickets are $5 per person. A ticket must be purchased for each person, regardless of age.
Do I need a ticket to attend the “Taste of the Fair?” Yes, due to the current State of Vermont Department of Health guidelines, all attendees will be required to reserve a spot during dedicated timeslots. This can be done online at www.ChamplainValleyFair.org. Tickets cannot be obtained at the event. There are only 150 tickets available for each timeslot.
How long is each timeslot? Each session will last 45minutes. Attendees will be required to vacate the premise when their session ends.
Will tickets be mailed to us? No, you will be required to reserve your timeslot online. You will receive an email with your tickets. You are required to print your tickets from home and bring with you or download them to your phone. We will scan your ticket through your window.
Will the Champlain Valley Exposition be required to store information for tracing purposes? Yes. When you purchase your tickets, we will be required to take your name, the names attending with you, your phone number, and e-mail address.
Am I required to wear a mask? All attendees must wear a mask when not in their car. We strongly encourage attendees to bring their own masks. There will be sanitizer at every booth. All food concessionaires will be wearing a mask.
What is being done to ensure social distancing? Every concessionaire will have dedicated order and pick-up spots. There will be measured markers to ensure social distancing. All concessionaires are separated by at least ten feet.
What steps are being taken to ensure the event is sanitized? In between each 45-minute timeslot, 15minutes are being dedicated to cleaning every surface. This includes food concessionaires, booths, and bathrooms.
Will bathrooms be made available? The bathrooms in the midway will be opened. There will be one CVE staff member in each bathroom to sanitize regularly.
How long is each timeslot? Each timeslot will be an hour long. Attendees will have 45 minutes to order their food and return to their cars. We strongly encourage people to arrive 15 minutes before their timeslot.
Where is the entrance to the event? All attendees should come through Gate B on Pearl Street (the main gate by the large sign). There will be ample signage and cones to direct attendees to “Green Gate” where they will be queued up. A traffic map can be found on our website, www.ChamplainValleyFair.org.
Will there be seating? No. There will be no seating. All food must be eaten while social distancing in or around your car.
What types of food will be available? Fried Dough – French Fries – Gourmet Burgers – Bloomin’ Onion – Candy Apples – Deep-Fried Tacos – Lemonade – Brazilian BBQ – Corn Dogs – Cotton Candy – Fajitas – Loaded Tater Tots – Cheese-steaks – Italian Sausage – Shaved Ice – Deep Fried Oreos – Deep-Fried Grilled Cheese Cuisine – Taco Salads – Bacon on a Stick
Will vendors be able to take credit/debit cards? We are strongly encouraging all food concessionaires to take electronic payments.
Will there be an ATM on-site? Yes. An ATM will be made available near the State Building and by the radio station booth.