The safety of our fairgoers, volunteers, and staff is always a top priority. After extensive discussions with Essex Police Department, our security team at GMCS, and staff; and to align with fair and event industry practices; the Champlain Valley Fair is enacting a “Bags and Containers ” policy. Any questions can be directed to the Champlain Valley Fair staff at email@example.com or 802-878-5545.
Bag, Containers and Coolers Policy
Clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC tote bags no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” are allowed. All other bags must be 5″x9″x2″ or smaller (the size of a small purse or clutch). Backpacks, drawstring bags, coolers, duffel bags, tote bags, oversized purses, and other similar style bags are NOT permitted. Exceptions include diaper bags and bags containing essential medical equipment. All bags will be subject to search as referenced above.
Please pay close attention to the prohibited items list below.
- Bags larger than 5″x9″x2″ in size
- Knives, box cutters, tool of any kind, or any item that could be used as a weapon
- Pepper spray or mace
- Coolers of any types or size
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal substances
- Noise-making devices
- Confetti or glitter
- Skateboards, hoverboards or other personal recreational vehicles, except for ADA-required devices
- Projectiles (e.g., flying discs or beach balls)
- visible obscene, indecent, or inappropriate clothing
- Laser pointers or similar devices
- Professional audio/visual equipment including tripods and monopods are prohibited in the Grandstand. Consumer rated cameras and video cameras are permitted but cannot be used to reproduce the game and must not interfere with other attendees’ enjoyment of the show.
Such items will be prohibited from being brought into the Champlain Valley Fair. There is no storage area for any items at the Champlain Valley Fair. Guests arriving by public transportation should take particular care not to bring any prohibited items, as no exceptions will be made.
Champlain Valley Fair management reserves the right to change or modify this policy without notice.